We Need Your Support
Through your generosity, public schools in your community will have additional support in furthering the classroom experience, graduating students will get the assistance they need to continue their education, and our outstanding teachers will have the opportunity to obtain post graduate degrees and training. Learn more about how to support the Loudoun Education Foundation.
About the Foundation
Graduate Program Scholarships for LCPS Teachers
The Loudoun Education Foundation is pleased to announce that five scholarships for graduate programs are available to current Loudoun County Public School teachers who are seeking endorsements in critical teaching shortage areas. The Claude Moore Charitable Foundation has funded the scholarships for $5,000 each.
- • Be currently employed and have taught at least two full years in LCPS. (This does note include current year.)
- • Be enrolled in an endorsement program or have an application pending.
- • Intend to obtain licensure in one of the following areas: (1) Special Education, all areas; (2) Mathematics, especially Math 6-12, Algebra I, Dual Enrollment; (3) Science, Physics, Dual Enrollment, Science 6-8; (4) Foreign Languages, PreK-12; (5) Career and Technical Education, especially family and consumer sciences and technology education; (6) English Language Learners, preK-12; (7) Reading Specialists; (8) Speech Language Pathologists; (9) Occupational Therapists; and (10) Physical Therapists.
- • Agree to teach two years in LCPS after gaining licensure or repay the scholarship immediately upon leaving the teaching position with LCPS.
- • Must obtain a B or better in the course(s) taken.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. The Foundation will notify all candidates about its decisions in April.