We Need Your Support
Through your generosity, public schools in your community will have additional support in furthering the classroom experience, graduating students will get the assistance they need to continue their education, and our outstanding teachers will have the opportunity to obtain post graduate degrees and training. Learn more about how to support the Loudoun Education Foundation.
About the Foundation
Social Science & Global Studies Academic Awards and Celebration
Each June, the Loudoun County Public School system celebrates the long-term academic work of its middle and high school students by holding an exhibition called the “Social Science & Global Studies Academic Awards and Celebration, which is supported by the Loudoun Education Foundation.
The purpose of the Social Science & Global Studies event is to:
- • Develop the abilities of students to communicate clearly and skillfully about their own learning in the social sciences
- •Develop the research and investigative skills of students
- • Develop students’ skills in critical thinking with a problem-solving model
- • Encourage students to collaborate with peers in an academic investigation
- • Help students to recognize their role as a contributor to society and a member of the U.S. and World communities.
Any student enrolled in a social science class in Loudoun County Public Schools may participate.